Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Cinnabar Sky Dress by Golden Rippy Review

Have you ever had a shirt you can't wait to wear? You know, that shirt you can't wait to wear it as soon as it's clean. That's this shirt.

I was so excited when I was chosen to be a tester for Rachel from Golden Rippy. I loved testing her new pattern, the Cinnabar Sky Dress


 I LOVE the cross-over!!!

 The tester pattern was a little wide on my shoulders, so I added elastic in the back neckline to help take it in. Rachel has taken in the shoulders on the final pattern so there will be no need to add it.



 Another reason I love this pattern: the cross-over helps hides my post-baby belly. I like that the pattern can be a top or a dress as well as wonderfully nursing friendly (the cross-overs don't get stitched over and you simply separate them when you wish to nurse).



Another alteration, I lengthened the top by about 1.5" (following the curve line of the dress). I love the length. I just plain love this shirt. 

Details: Sizes XXS to XXXL, 2 sleeve lengths, top or dress, optional nursing openings. I would say this pattern is Intermediate but an adventurous advanced beginner could tackle it.

PS: it's on sale for a few more days!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment