Saturday, November 15, 2014

Seena Dolman Tee & Skinny Legs Leggings

This month I had the chance to test for not one, but two of my favorite designers--Gracious Threads and Little Kiwis Closet. First, the Seena Dolman Tee by Gracious Threads.


I love the style of this top. And, it's oh so very easy--a front, back and the bands. So easy, she just finished a sew-a-long for those new to knit with lots of sewists who hadn't ever sewn with knits.


Since it's only two pattern pieces plus the bands, it's so quick to cut out and sew up.


One of the reasons I really like Jess' patterns is the diagrams in the instructions. I learned from paper patterns and I still prefer the ease of being able to tell the difference between right and wrong side on paper, uhh, computer screen. ;)


A loves her rainbow shirt and so do I. Available in size 2T-8.


If you haven't grabbed yours, better get it now because it's sure to be a closet staple. Plus, she has a matching woman's pattern! ;)


Did you notice A's leggings??? That's the other pattern I got to test, Little Kiwis Closet's Skinny Legs Leggings


This pattern has so many options, it'd be hard to make the same pair twice. ;) I choose to make the ruched panel leggings.


The other options include plain (no panel) and ankle ruching. Lengths include shorts, knee, 3/4, and full length. Waistband options include elastic or yoga. In addition to ALL those options, she's included a low rise! Yay for my skinny, tiny A! :)


 Here A is in the 3/4 length. The pattern is available in size 12 month to 14 years. If you're a skinny mom (not me ;) ) you could make the larger sizes for yourself.


This pattern has one pattern piece (you cut mirror images) with directions for making the ruched side panel from the leg panel and little top pieces for making the ruched panel angle to match the legging slope. Depending on which options you choose, you'll have your first pair sewn up in no time and cutting out your next before you know it.


So, go forth and purchase this easy pattern so you can get addicted to making them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment